We want to celebrate Earth Day with a bang. While our green fundraiser is one way to move toward a healthier lifestyle, we encourage everyone to come up with their own green solutions and tips, and want to share some of the best tips we have found in our own search to make the world a little greener!
1. Instead of using paper or plastic bags, bring a reusable bag to the store with you.
2. Carpool or take the bus at least once a week….if it’s nice outside, ride a bike.
3. Use cloth napkins instead of paper ones.
4. Pack your lunch and use reusable lunch bags and snack bags. Start a litter-less lunch challenge for your school or workplace.
5. Turn off faucet water when brushing teeth and washing hands
6. Don’t buy bottled water, use a reusable water bottle or tumbler!
7. Report leaks and faucet drips quickly so you don’t waste water
8. Recycle old electronics instead of throwing them away – it’s usually easy to find a local recycling place in your community that accepts these electronics.
9. Turn off the lights when you leave the room
10. Join or start a “Go Green Team” to help make your school or office more eco-conscious – have contests like a reusable cup challenge or litter-less lunch challenge.