Over 150 cities have already instated city-wide bans on plastic bags. The most progressive state of all is the traditionally environmentally-conscious California. While a large number of cities and counties in California already have plastic bag bans, they are about to take it a step further: a state-wide ban on non-biodegradable plastic bags. Governor Jerry Brown is set to sign legislation banning non-biodegradable plastic bags in the state of California. This law would be the first of it’s kind in the U.S. The California Senate voted 22-15 for the bill, which must be signed into law by September 30.
Have you ever stopped to think about how much trash gets thrown away every day, just from a child’s school lunch alone? Believe it or not, the average child gets rid of a annual 67 pounds of garbage – that’s $246 of plastic bags and paper napkins each year! Buying reusable bags and containers for school lunches is a great eco-friendly way to save money and help the planet as well.
Everyone who signs up by September 30th for a Fall 2014 Catalog Fundraiser is eligible to get a FREE Ultimate Travel Set when they meet their fundraising minimums! The four-piece matching set includes our:
- Weekender ($20 value)
- Hanging Travel Bag ($16 value)
- Cosmetic Bag Set ($11 value)
- Flat Iron Case ($15 value)
From Facebook, to Twitter, to Instagram, who can keep track of all the social networking sites and apps nowadays? Luckily for you, the use of social media by nearly everyone in the country provides a great opportunity to promote your fundraiser. Check out these great tips to using social media as a successful fundraising tool!
- The first step to social media advertising is knowing your audience. Social media is a great way to connect with parents and families from your school, but the Internet is great for reaching beyond the people you know personally! Get a good idea of who you want to reach using social media, like local businesses or even neighboring schools. This will set the groundwork for promoting your fundraiser online!
- Because everyone has different social media preferences, you’ll need to use a variety of platforms to reach as many people as possible. Start with 3 different methods of communication, like Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube for example. From there, add a few more if you can accommodate the upkeep of the different social media sites. More platforms means more people who will find out about your Mixed Bag Designs fundraiser! Be sure to only use as many social media sites and you can keep up with though, as you will need to keep the sites updated to keep viewers engaged.
- What’s the use of all this social media if no one knows to look for it? Direct your traffic to your social media sites in other ways to draw more people in! Put links on your school website, announce social media activity with flyers around the school, and spread awareness by word of mouth!
- Lastly, make your social media fundraiser promotion “pop” using images and eye-catching colors. Consider making share-worthy colorful graphics and fun titles! This will definitely help jump-start your fundraiser success, and catch the attention of sellers and buyers alike.
By using social media to promote your Mixed Bag Designs fundraiser, your school will be able to connect to people who would never ave known about your fundraiser otherwise! Best of luck, and happy fundraising!
Studies show that the closer you get towards your school’s fundraising goals, the more likely other are to want to contribute! One of the very best ways to motivate people to participate in your Mixed Bag Designs fundraiser is to keep track of your progress, and publicize it for all fundraiser participants to see. Here are five creative ways to track your fundraising progress:
It’s back to school time, and as many parents know, fall is a popular time for fundraisers. Successful school fundraisers require much time and persistence. Some extroverted children love showing off their fundraising catalogs to friends and family, while introverted children may find that more challenging. While school fundraisers are a great opportunity for children to reach outside their comfort zone and learn about networking and face-to-face interaction, incentives are an excellent way to boost fundraising profits. Mixed Bag Designs offers prize incentive programs to excite kids about fundraising, but there are many other methods of revving up your student body to reach your fundraising goal. Continue reading