Go green and save green with the 3 R’s of the environment: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Each one as important as the next when it comes to cutting down waste. By incorporating these 3 key essentials you can help your community and the environment by saving money, energy and natural resources. Make Earth Day every day with these simple tips.
- Say no to disposable shopping bags and bring a Mixed Bag Designs reusable bag instead
- Choose products with the least amount of packaging
- Buy items in bulk like shampoo and laundry detergent (larger economy-size products or ones in concentrated forms use less packaging and usually cost less per ounce)
- Avoid over-packaged goods and purchase items in bins when available
- Use a dish cloth or cloth napkins instead of paper
- Use what you already have instead of buying something new
- Purchase reusable products and use refillable containers
- Sell or donate old clothes, appliances, toys and furniture
- Use both sides of the paper when printing
- Buy products made from recycled material
- Check collection centers and curbside pickup services to see what they accept
- Consider purchasing recycled materials for office equipment at work
- Recycle electronics for their materials
- Use recycled paper
After you reduce, reuse and recycle – don’t forget to repeat. Start today for a cleaner, healthier tomorrow and celebrate #EarthDay with 20% off select items. Shop our Earth Day Sale and use promo code EARTHDAY – ends Monday 4/25.